What is hot desking?
Hot desking involves the work from a common area or small office in a coworking space. It provides flexibility for a business without having to commit to long term contracts like a lease. It can provide a refuge for Work From Home employees, a structured environment for workings saving time on their commute into the city or just something a little different or even just a break from the solitude of being a solopreneur. Hot desks can help with productivity and creativity by providing a new environment.
Each booking comes with
- A huge 3200mm desk and chair
- Wifi access to our super fast Fibre internet connection\
- A support team to Extreme Networks to help you get connected and working in no time flat.
- Generous on-site and ample road parking. All day. Free!
Tips for making hot desking working
Hot desking is very different to work from home or working in a Corporate Office. Here are our best tips to make sure you get the most out of your time in Extreme Labs.
- Set goals for the work that you want to get done during the day. Tick them off as you accomplish them.
- Bring the right equipment – laptop, power supply, videoconferencing headset, mouse and anything else you need.
- Be respectful of others in the office. Not everyone in the office needs to hear about your latest deal 🙂
- Try using headphones to block out distractions.
- Take regular breaks. Go for a walk, or sit on the lounge or a quick coffee break can help you sustain a good 40-50 minutes of sustained work.
- Focus is key so structure your day and your desk to enable you to get as much focused time as possible.
- Bring something to make it personal. Some people find it helpful to bring a little something from their personal lives to keep them grounded. A photo or stuffed toy can help people settle in.
Please contact the team if you’d like more information on hot desking at Extreme Labs.